Tuesday, August 13, 2024

One Day More

 Tomorrow is shot day again so I have almost officially completed my first week.    I noticed the tapering off of a symptom this morning and that made me realize I forgot to log it so here goes.  

For a while now, but especially since peri-menopause and menopause, I am always warm.   We have the AC high at night because otherwise I will wake up overheating.    The night after I took my first dose I was chilly when trying to go to sleep and I woke up cold.    I wound up wrapping myself in a fuzzy blanket on the couch.    

This morning I noticed that I woke up and felt warm.   Not HOT.  Just warm enough that I needed to throw off the covers.    I realized then that it's been a very gradual warming up over the course of the week.   I've been enjoying not feeling like I'm baking from the inside out so I'm hoping the chilly returns after tomorrow.  

Weight this am - 186   up a wee bit again but fluctuations are to be expected.   We'll see what tomorrow morning brings but it's  looking like I can count this as officially 3 lbs this week.    Even though that may just be water weight and inflammation...I'll take it.   

Treadmill Walk - 43 mins at 2.1 for 1.56 miles

Sleep was decent but I woke up early (which is fine).    Made Turkey Curry last night.   I'm about to head to Costco for a quick shop but I'll come back to this later.   

It's later...

I'm noticing that symptoms have tapered of drastically today.   I've felt much more hungry today.  I actually wanted to snack.   So, the day before my dose is when the effects of the first shot tapered off.  Hunger is back and so is feeling warm.     

Had a salad for lunch.  A new snack called "VERI Superfood Bites", I had blueberries in almond milk, Beef in black bean sauce for dinner and an ice cream.    OH and about 6 ounces of red wine cut with a can of Rose flavor seltzer.    

Tomorrow I want to put in a calendar reminder to do weight, body scan, photos and measurements four weeks out from my first dose so I can sync everything up.   

Soooo....tomorrow is dose number two.    I'm not worried if weight is up a bit in the morning because I know today was a hungry day.   We'll see how things go once I take the second pen. 

On to week two



No comments: