Wednesday, August 7, 2024

A Different Road - Week 1 Day 1



 Even with all of my health issues...I never thought it would come to this.    Sure, my Hashimotos made gaining weight way too easy... and I had to struggle with medications and finding the right doctor and dose and diet.    But when all of that was aligned and I disciplined myself to stick to a regime...my body behaved.     

Covid changed all that.    Ever since I got it (even though I was vaccinated and it was "relatively" mild) my tried and true methods no longer work.   

My medication and lab levels are great....I gain weight

My diet is perfect...I gain weight 

I exercice...I gain weight 

Well, today, with the help of Wegovy, I hope to change all of that.    

I'm coming back to blogging and I'm going to chronicle this new chapter.    Let's see if Diet, Dosage, and Discipline will work again with Wegovy.

Starting Dose - 0.25mg

Starting Weight - 189lbs

Waist - 42 inches

Micro goal - 175lbs 

Ultimate goal - 120lbs

Diet is  low carb, low to no processed food, no added sugar.    Mainly vegetables and protein with some fruit.    Minimal dairy.

Exercice is treadmill and pilates for now with others added as viable.

First dose was at 9am today.   Injection in lower stomach.   It's super easy to administer.  I had a slice of low carb bread with the injection to settle my stomach and since then have had a small salad and seltzer.    

I'm salivating a bit more than normal so I'm just maintaining fluids.   There is a very very light ache at injection site.   I'm keeping today low key while I see how my body reacts.

Here's to first steps on a journey back to health



No comments: